Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bee Happy

Hiya sweeties!
I hope the week is treating you well so far. :)

I'm so slammed with work and "to-do" stuff right now that I'm kinda posting on the fly this morning... hope you don't mind.

I made this card with the Flutter By photo inspiration in mind but didn't quite get it done in time for the actual challenge... I'm blaming it on my pre-haircut mojo malaise. ;)
But no matter, I'm still sharing it because I like how it turned out. I was totally inspired by the sunflowers in the pic and came across my extra large Heidi Swapp flowers. Hmmm... I thought it was pretty big but it could make for a cute background, that led to creating another circle card and from there I just had to choose a cutie to complete the scene. This Gorjuss Bumble Bee gal was absolutely buzzing to finally get on a card and I wasn't going to argue! Seriously, she's completely adorable and I can't believe it took me this long to ink her up! :)
And can you believe that nowhere in my stamps did I have a sentiment that said "Bee Happy"? Me either! But I managed to piece this together using part of one sentiment and some small alphas. I felt pretty resourceful after that. ;)

Well, I guess I should wrap this up now.
Later gators! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug (purple)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Bumble Bee Gorjuss Girl), October Afternoon (happy), Studio G (alphas)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Heidi Swapp flowers
Prima leaves
buttons
tag
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9
clothes- E57, E59, E49, Y35, Y17, Y38, BG0000, 0

19 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE Love how you made your sunflower with all those buttons. This is sooo darn adorable!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Juls said...

STUNNING!!!! Love how you have created a sunflower look with all those buttons!! Bumble bee is just gorgeous!! I love her in that fabulous yellow dress!!! .... I am on holiday at the mo, normally I take loads of crafting goodies and then end up making only 3 cards, so this time I have taken just stuff to do some colouring, I have taken bumble bee with me ..... afer seeing your card I think she will be the first to be coloured in! as always thank you for your inspiration! Hugs Juls

Craftdee said...

Love Love Love it!! Great idea with the buttons in the centre, and cute image, all round great, TFS Dee

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the big yellow flower turned into a sunflower and that image is adorable. Hmm....I think I may have that one laying around here too. Sigh...so many stamps, so little time!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I love this! I love the flower and how you have made it look like a sunflower with all the buttons. TOO CUTE! I really love the leaves. WOW! I also just love your little circle card with you sweet bee on it. Now that is one bee that I wouldn't mind beng around. lol... anyway I hope your day goes well. We are suppose to get thunder storms today, so we will see. Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

Awwww, what a sweet card! That huge sunflower made the perfect backdrop and she looks amazing!!! Have a wonderful day and hope you get to finish your to-do list!

Danni said...

This is so adorable!! and thanks for pointing out that I messed up the InLinkz on FBW..you can still enter until midnight as I had the time wrong..geesh!!
gorgeous card!!! and thanks for playing along with my FBW!!!

Creations by Shirl said...

a gorgeous sunflower and luv all those buttons..

donna mikasa said...

Super cute, Amy! Love your sunflower paired with the GG--so clever!

Larisa said...

Very bright and beautiful card! Love it is circle!

kris said...

Wow!! this is really beautiful! the image is sweetly adorable and LOVE the sunflower! especially that you've added the buttons for the middle! Love it!

Liliya said...

Very positive and beautiful card! Your blog is one of my most favourite!

Unknown said...

Yes of course you should share this, it is stunning!!!! Wow the colour combo is amazing and all the layout is just so creative and brilliant, love it xxx

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy this is magnificent I love the sunflower! Wowie Wow Wow!!!!

1LuvnMama said...

OH luv the gigantic sunflower! :) Buttons are so cute in the center. I luv when you're a busy bee 'cause I know you've got lots of creations to show us! :)

SannaS said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! love it!!!! loooove it!!!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Auntie Em said...

This is just precious! I love everything about this sweet little creation!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Tasha said...

Beautiful card. Great idea, and gorgeous colours. Love the buttons
love tasha xx

Leanne said...

This is really cute Amy! Love the big flower and the buttons in the middle. And ur stamp of choice is perfect. Gr8 card! ;)